I’ve been holding on to this small amount of yarn for a very long time, waiting for the “right” moment to use it and that moment has come. This variegated Christmas yarn ended up in my stash when my mom gave me a bunch of her craft tools and supplies. I remember my mom using this yarn when I was a kid – she made ornaments with it – and since then when I look at the yarn it brings back the most joyful memories. The only thing I could think of doing was using the yarn to make a ball of yarn tree ornament.
This is another project that took very little time, just like the star tree topper I made previously. I’m also using double-sided tape again because it’s less damaging to the foam balls.
Ball of Yarn Tree Ornaments
- Scrap yarn in color of your choosing – the yarn I used seems to be worsted weight (4)
- Foam balls – mine were 4.5″ and 5.25″ circumference
- Double-sided tape
- Modge-Podge or other water based sealer/glue
- Sponge brush
- Tree ornament hooks
Making these yarn balls is so easy, all you have to do is:
- Put some double-sided tape on the foam ball
- Wrap the yarn around until it’s covered enough
- Leave a bit of a yarn tail hanging for that ball of yarn effect
- Using a sponge brush, press the glue all over to secure everything in place
- Add the hook and hang your new ornament on your tree!