Pops de Milk has been a creative outlet for Patricia Castillo since 2011. Patricia loves to cook, crochet, and be crafty. She makes our apartment a home and is basically a crafty MacGyver who loves making and solving problems 🙂 Patricia was introduced to crochet by her mom when she was young and now she is teaching me, her partner in crime, how to crochet – after working on Pops de Milk with Patricia I felt it was time I learned this under-appreciated skill.
For both of us, there are a lot of unexpected positive things that makes crochet rewarding:
- A shot of confidence and a feeling of accomplishment when finishing a crochet project
- Crochet relaxes the mind by focusing on what our hands are doing, rather than stressing or worrying about the little things
- It’s a great way to hang out with someone; crocheting and listening to Agatha Christie audiobooks with Patricia is a great alternative to Netflix
- Low-cost, portable hobby that has limitless creative potential and makes useful and beautiful stuff
- Incredibly valuable skill to have in a zombie outbreak
- Forces us to learn new ways of thinking and gives us a new perspective and way of understanding the world around us
Also, Patricia and I love connecting with people who are interested in crochet and crafts. Please contact us or message us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Pinterest to say ‘hi’ or to share creations you’ve made with Pops de Milk patterns – it’s a truly warming and incredible feeling when we see Patricia’s patterns existing around the world. And of course, if you have any questions, blog post suggestions, collaboration inquiries, or would like a quote for a custom order we’d love to hear from you.
We really want to make crocheting more accessible to everyone. If you’re struggling to find your rhythm, let us know, maybe we can help!
AKA: tech guy, sys admin, graphic designer, video editor, and Patricia’s husband